Sunday 28 October 2012

Count down to Vietnam

Well it's the Sunday before we go, physically and mentally I'm as prepared as I can be now, I've tapered back on my training for the last 2 weeks, because I was worried about injury (The last thing I needed was a hamstring or Achillies pull this close)
My bag isn't so much as packed as it has loads of things I think I need thrown on top of it!! But as always, that's where the last minute panics are coming from, have I got enough long sleeved t-shirts for the evenings to keep the Mosquitos off me? Have I got enough long, light trousers? Have I got enough padded (Short) Lycra cycling shorts? And so it goes on............... So today it's up the city for the last minute stuff, even if it just puts my mind at rest.

There is 3 of us going from the Norwich area, so we have decided to have a taxi take us and collect us from Heathrow, as none of us know who we will feel after the challenge to drive back, but I can imagine at least 10 passport checks and currency checks on the way there (it's a man without his wife thing)

So this is simply my last little blogging update before I fly on Wednesday, I will be posting updates whilst I'm away and should be able to upload them a few times, along with my Garmin GPS updates, so you can follow my route, along with loads of photos.

Before I sign off, I would like to thank all my sponsors for their support, especially www.plumbase.com and Viessmann who have supported me with donations and clothing for the challenge.

See you on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment